Congratulations to A/Prof Andrea Viecelli who received one of the first Emerging Leader Investigator Awards at the ACTA ASM 2021. This award recognises Andrea’s contributions to enhance consumer engagement in AKTN trials.
Andrea reported some of the examples of the work that AKTN has done in partnership with consumers:
- identifying patient-relevant outcomes and interventions,
- patient-friendly trial conduct (e.g. lay language trial summaries, minimising extra trial visits)
- electronic consent option (‘e-consent’),
- audio-visual trial information,
- data completion on electronic devices,
- sharing trial results via patient-channels, consumer-led presentations and publications.
Thank you to all the contributing consumers who are helping AKTN researchers design and run trials that matter to patients. It also helps the trials run efficiently. Please join us in congratulating Andrea!